The Ruger “race gun” is more or less finished. I need to add some peel washers to time the compensator correctly. And it would also benefit from the Challenger Charging Handle from Tandemkross:
But at this point I’m more interested in things that specifically increase performance. Even if the case could be made that the charging handle could help clear a malfunction, and therefore save time, I’ll get around to that particular modification later.
Here’s the full list of what I’ve put together here:
- Ruger 22/45 Heavy Barrel
- Burris Fastfire III Sight
- VZ Grips: Operator II Black Desert Sand
- Volquartsen Accuracy Kit: Target Hammer, Target Sear, Target Trigger, Trigger Return Spring with Polished Plunger, Adjustable pretravel and overtravel trigger screws.
- Volquartsen Magazine Bushing (mag drop free mod)
- Volquartsen Exact Edge Extractor
- KaneWolf Slingshot Modification Kit
- Striplin Custom Gunworks Thumbrest (gas pedal)
- Tandemkross Game Changer Compensator
- Tandemkross Firestarter Firing Pin
There was another modification that I had installed called the Rim Edge Thumb Rest. However, the rest was small and the angle was not ideal. The screw pattern was different between the two thumb rests which left a hole exposed in the frame. I stuck an a piece of grip tape over it so it doesn’t look quite so bad. I also removed the loaded chamber indicator.
This pistol is a work in progress, and it doesn’t need to look pretty. It just has to work. Anyway, here’s the somewhat finished product.